Thursday, July 4, 2013

Namaste---When Souls Line Up

When Souls Line Up

I am learning yoga.

Gentile yoga, yoga for beginners, non-threatening-small group, s-l-o-w yoga. This is shocking to those that know me, but it is true…a whole 5 weeks of it. At the end of each class, our teacher closes with this prayer: 

May the long time sun
Shine upon you,
    All love surround you,
    And the pure light within you
    Guide your way on. -Namaste

Isn’t it nice? And “Namaste” means loosely “my soul honors your soul”….

What happens when souls see each other?

[wait for it...]


Here is my friend Babs. She is a kindred soul. We share June birthdays, a year and 10 days apart. It seems as if we have known each other for years but in actuality only since last summer.

I thought...what a great gift for her birthday. Who doesn't need a comforting prayer? 

Of course I wanted to share the meaning of "namaste" with her, so I searched the translations and found this: 

Babs and her daughter Ashley (amazingly talented artist and soul too) ran the Harvard Pilgrim Finish at the 50 5K at Patriot Place yesterday.
I'm impressed that they "run" period.  I do not run.  I do not "run".     Remember the start of this story....I have only just worked up to learning yoga ( non-threatening-small group, s-l-o-w yoga)-after 48 years.     

It was starting at 5:30 and I had said I thought I'd like to come see them finish.  But---here's the dilemma. Lots of people, cars, crowds and that is not something I like.

I did it anyway. I waited to see 
them at the finish. I snapped a couple photos of them.  As we talking while they cool down, I showed them the ONE photo I took after I parked.

The race had started when I left my house. There was no traffic. All green lights.  I park in the lot behind, near the Urgent Care. 3rd row back from the stadium and in the center. 

The runners are going by and I can see them all on the maze of ramps and it is impressive. So I stop for a sec and take a photo.

 I show her the pic on my camera
"It's us" Babs said. No. It can't be. How?
There in stride. Babs and Ashley side by side.  
Namaste.

1 comment:

not your typical yogini said...

💛💙💜💚❤💗💓💕💖