Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tiny Knots, Patience and Delicate Lace


Tatting is a disappearing a art. 
Did you know that many years ago this skill helped women support their families?
Fine threads and tiny knots made exquisite lace sought by the wealthy to decorate the clothing of both men and women. 


 I am enamored with its beauty. and am in awe of the patience and time it must have taken to create.


My mother knew this skill and I do have lace made by her,
This lace I purchased this lace on Ebay. 



This lace came with this note. 
Grandmother Ward was very skilled. 

Look how even each loop is. 
How many hours do you think it took to make this beautiful lace?
There is no raveling and starting again--precise work.
I love it but it is not something I want to do---I'm leaving this skill to my sister Lewana.


No comments: