Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tangled

Tangled....this is a visual of how my life has been woven.

There is a drawer at work with a vibrant nest of embroidery floss and crewel yarn, It fascinates me. It is a fun jumble of texture, color and mixed up bits. 

This is my world. Nothing is in neat rows, straight paths, separate compartments. 

Everything is connected, all leading to unfinished thoughts and projects and dreams---I ramble along and revisit, add more, snip off a bit and wander away until something pulls me back in. 

Can you see the baby dresses, the mittens, the tiny books, the paintings, the socks, the embroidered pillow cases, the quilts, the poems and pictures...they are woven in among the love, motherhood, the loss, the heartache, the laughter, the depression, the silliness, friendships, and the mundane? 

No comments: